Train to be a Primary Teacher with School Direct and Ryders Hayes Teaching School.
Further detailed information can be found on UCAS, you can search for our profile page from October –
Ryders Hayes School was one of the first Teaching Schools in the country, gaining the status in 2011. We are a National Teaching School with a strong culture of staff development and have joined forces with other local good and outstanding schools to create a strong and diverse Teaching School Alliance offering added value to the training experience.
We at Ryders Hayes, as lead school, are in our sixth year of School Direct, working alongside Birmingham City University (BCU) as our chosen accredited ITT provider. We have eight schools, including Ryders Hayes, in our Partnership –
- Woodlands Academy of Learning
- Blue Coat Church of England Infant and Junior Schools’ Federation
- Oakwood School
- Watling Street School
- New Invention Infant School
- Cooper and Jordan School
- Elmore Green School
The Ryders Hayes Partnership strongly believes in creating a ‘best fit’ between the host school and the School Direct trainee, in the belief that they are one of the staff team and a potential employee. Carefully planned induction and expert mentoring are key to our trainees success.
Training will be delivered in a diverse range of educational settings, including regular training in the lead school from expert facilitators, providing an outstanding ‘hands-on’ school-based experience. A bespoke training package for each trainee, including additional support in specialist subjects, promotes access to all aspects of school life.
Where suitable vacancies arise, an offer of employment at the end of the training will be made by the host school, or assistance given with gainful employment within its alliance of schools. We have extremely high employment rate for our trainees.
Our School Direct trainees feel like members of staff; with support from their peers; the staff and University team; have weekly school practice in their school; and find themselves positioned at the forefront of education, well prepared as much sought after and highly employable teachers.
There are two School Direct (SD) routes –
- School Direct Training Programme (tuition fees/training route) – funded by tuition fees paid by the trainee, (either directly or with a Student Loan Company (SLC) loan). The fee for 2016/17 is £9250. This is a time full time course. We will be recruiting for 13 training/tuition places within The Ryders Hayes Partnership for 2016/17.
- School Direct Training Programme (salaried), replacing the GTP. THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE WITHIN THE RYDERS HAYES PARTNERSHIP.
The application process is through a single central UCAS application online at http://www.ucas.com/apply/teacher-training