All trainees must initially meet the standards for entry to the ITT programme as well as criteria set by The Partnership, which include having:
- a strong desire, matched with the drive, enthusiasm and potential, to become an outstanding teacher
- excellent interpersonal skills
- a 2:2 degree or above
- English, Maths and Science GCSE – grade C and above (or equivalent)
- meaningful experience across the primary key stages
- already passed, or have the ability to pass, their skills tests
- ability to travel between partner schools and BCU
The following categories of trainees are NOT eligible:
- those who have previously been deemed to have failed an ITT course leading to QTS
- those who do not meet the entry requirements for an ITT programme (including failing the professional skills test)
- those who already hold, or are eligible to receive, QTS
A pre-requisite to acceptance onto the SD Training Programme, is the successful completion of the professional skills tests. Candidates are strongly encouraged to take their tests on-line as early as possible in the application process. Should they not be complete at the time of interview, then offers of places will be conditional upon passing the skills tests within 8 weeks of the offer.
Support is offered from BCU to candidates before taking the test or after failing the test once.
Eligible trainees training in primary (a priority subject) may also receive a training bursary, funded by National College Teaching and Leadership (NCTL). Those with a first class degree will be eligible for a bursary of £3000.
If you need any assistance or clarifications on equivalent qualifications please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com